Saturday, September 13, 2008

Learning to Quilt?




Yeh, since I have nothing else to do, like making cookies for my nephews wedding or sitting with my Dad after his open heart surgery, I thought I would learn to quilt. I was embroidering this rooster and thought it would make a cool hot pad. So I went on line to find out how to quilt....


I used a fall fabric to make my "sandwich" and pinned it all up. I also thought I would make yoyos to frame it...now I have to read what kind of stitch to use and get at it...

I will be sure to let you know how it turns out:)


3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see how it turns out, looks fantastic so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your funky cockeral, will look fab when its finished!:)

    mad boo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hand embroidery! It means so much more when hand embroidered.

    I found your link on etsy.

    christiecottage.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete